- Prepare two medium pots: one to boil water for pasta, the other to boil water for the potatoes and carrots. Once first pot is boiling, add pasta and cook following package instructions.
- in the other pot, add the chopped potato, carrot, and onion mixture and cook about 10 min or until vegetables are tender and soft enough to blend. Cooking time will vary slightly based on how small you have chopped your veggies.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain and return to the pot.
- When the veggies are soft enough to blend, use a strainer or slotted spoon to remove then from the cooking water, and place them in your blender. Add 3/4 cup of the veggies cooking water to your blender along with the veggies and the remainder of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over your cooked macaroni noodles in a dish of your choice, add salt to taste and serve immediately.
*Note, if you are not using a high speed blender for this recipe, it is recommended to soak your cashews for at least 30 minutes before attempting recipe.