Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips are very low in calories and are low carb too!
The key to making a real good chip out of zucchini is all in how you slice it. Use a mandolin or food processor to get the slices as thin as possible. Toss with my other ingredients and you won’t believe how good these are!
Note: You can make this recipe in the oven if you don’t have a dehydrator. See instructions below.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 12 hours
Total time: 12 hours 15 mins
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 2 or 3 medium zucchini’s)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Use a mandolin or manually slice the zucchini as thin as possible.
- In a small bowl whisk olive oil and vinegar together.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and toss with oil and vinegar.
- Add zucchini in even layers to dehydrator then sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Depending on how thin you sliced the zucchini drying time will vary, anywhere from 8 to 14 hours.
- Store chips in an airtight container
To make in the oven: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay zucchini evenly. Bake at 200 degrees for 2 to 3 hours. Rotate half way through cooking time.